After switching over to T-Mobile, log into www.switch2tmobile.com submit your request for reimbursement if ETFs and device payment plans (e.g. NEXT or EDGE) via trade-in credit applied to your T-Mobile Bill and prepaid card. Submit your final bill through this website and track the status of your payment.
WHAT IS T-MOBILE?
T-Mobile International AG is a German holding company for Deutsche Telekom AG’s various mobile communications subsidiaries outside Germany. Based in Bonn, Germany, its subsidiaries operate GSM, UMTS and LTE-based cellular networks in Europe, the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The company has financial stakes in mobile operators in both Central and Eastern Europe.
WHY T-MOBILE ACCOUNT?
T-Mobile account let you have an easy online access to your mobile world.
- You can check your usage.
- View or pay your bill.
- Change your plan or services.
- Get support for your device.
To sign in, you must have
- A valid T-Mobile Username.
- And password.
HOW TO TAKE DEVICE/PLAN REIMBURSEMENT?
To take device reimbursement:
- You’ll need to trade in an eligible device (up to 12 lines).
- They will give you a trade-in credit based on the market value of your device. Online trade-in quotes are an initial estimate only; the actual trade-in value is determined when they receive the device.
- Working devices qualify for a trade-in credit after it passes a three-point inspection:
- The device powers on.
- The device has no water damage.
- The device isn’t cracked, broken, or inoperable due to physical damage. The screen, back of device, all buttons, and charging port must all work and be free of damage.
- If you’re trading in an Apple iOS device, the Find My iPhone Activation Lock must be disabled.
To take advantage of plan reimbursement:
- You’ll need an Early Termination Fee (ETF) or a device payment plan with your current carrier.
- Submit a final bill showing the ETF amount or remaining balance due on your device payment plan, as well as your name, address, and phone number(s) from your previous carrier.
- Have an eligible mobile number that can be transferred from your current carrier to T-Mobile.
- Have an active account in good standing.
- Activate a new line of service on a T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice postpaid plan. Pay In Advance (prepaid), Simple Choice No Credit Check, and Mobile Internet rate plans do not qualify for this offer.
- Purchase a qualifying phone or device.
You can trade-in your device by logging into your T-Mobile account. Go to Trade-in section and select Trade-in now.
You can check your reimbursement status by logging into your T-Mobile account and clicking on “Check Status” option. It may not be available up to 14 days after you receive your submission confirmation. The request can take up to 8 weeks.