Orange County Government’s Jail and Inmate Services Online at www.bestjail.com allows users to access inmates’ information. Moreover, it allows send money to its inmate by using www.BestJail.com website.
BOOKING AND RELEASE CENTER
Their Booking and Release Center includes:
- 592 beds
- Booking, first court appearance and release all in one location
- Post bail anytime 24/7
- Medical and mental health treatment units
- Three courtrooms with public galleries
- Offices for the State Attorney, Public Defender, and the Judiciary
DIRECT SUPERVISION FACILITIES
- Female Detention Center: 652 beds
- Horizon Facility: 768 beds
- Genesis Facility: 220 beds
- Phoenix Facility: 288 beds
- Whitcomb Facility: 224 beds
Advantages of direct supervision:
- No barriers between officers and inmates.
- Less expensive to build.
- Need fewer officers.
- Assignments based on charges, behavior and escape risk.
MAIN FACILITY JAIL
The Main Facility is a traditional jail with 1,053 beds
WORK RELEASE CENTER
The Work Release Center provides dormitory-style housing for up to 308 inmates working in the community. These inmates serve their sentences as tax-paying citizens earning an income to support their families, pay victim restitution, and other court-ordered fees.
HOW TO SEND MONEY TO AN INMATE?
Inmates’ money accounts are used to buy items from the inmate commissary and to pay for various medical services and jail fees. Funds can be deposited by U.S. mail, in person at the Video Visitation Center (3000 39th St. Orlando, FL 32802) during the hours of 8:45 AM to 8:45 PM, 7 days a week or via Western Union funds transfer.
You cannot deposit more than $500 without prior approval. Please call (407) 448-8320. Orange County Corrections reserves the right to return any deposit items for large sums of money
RULES FOR DEPOSITS
Acceptable deposit items:
- Money Orders
- No cash, personal or payroll checks.
- Certified/cashier’s checks
- Government checks
- Western Union Funds Transfer
- Personal checks
- Payroll checks
- SSI checks
- Unemployment checks
- Child Support checks
Deposit item must be payable to the inmate and include the inmate’s jail number. Sender’s name and address must be included on all items except Government checks. Orange County Corrections reserves the right to return any altered deposit item as well as deposit items for large sums of money.